I believe that any motorsport fan has a list of things they want to do related to motorsport in their lifetime. Since ticking off one thing I have always wanted to do I started to think of what else I would like to achieve. So today I thought I would share them with you and briefly explain why they make it onto my bucket list.
1. Go to Le Man- Arguable the most important race of the year. My dad has actually been and it sounds so much fun! They all got drunk and lined up empty bottles round their tents. But to be surrounded by the sound of race cars and the change of weather for 24 hours just seems amazing! I wouldn't be surprised if it was on everyone's bucket list!
2. Go to Spa- To watch cars go round that historic track would be unreal. Plus I want to go up the hill, see how long it would take me and how steep it really is!
3. Go to Silverstone- This is something I was treated to this year and it was the best day of my entire life. The atmosphere, the change in weather, the sound of the cars, everything was just all I imagined it to be and more!
4. Go to an awards show- Okay, this one is a bit far fetched but to be in a room with so many people in the motorsport industry and celebrating the success would be breathtaking.
5. Go to Monaco- A beautiful country and a unique and challenging track, who doesn't want to go to Monaco!? One of the most expensive things on my bucket list but a girl can dream.
6. Meet a world champion- To be in the presence of someone who has done something that incredible would be amazing. I'd have so many questions to ask!
7. Meet as man drivers as possible- With watching and reading about so many categories there is so many drivers I would love to meet. I had the pleasure of meeting some FE drivers this year and they were all so lovely and friendly and made the experience even better. So who wouldn't want to meet even more drivers?!
8. Get a motorsport related tattoo- So this one I had planned for 2 years until I was brave enough to cross it off my list and I do not regret it and I never will. I have dedicated a post about my tattoo so if you haven't read that, then I'd suggest taking a read. I want so many more but we will see!
9. Going to the opening and last race of a season- The atmosphere at both would be indescribable and as expensive as they would both be, be worth every penny and hey a holiday at the same time, bonus!
10. Go to a night race- Who doesn't want to see the cars in the dark under the lights with sparks flying off their cars and fireworks at the end of the race?!
I am sure over the years more things will be added to this list. I also hope some get ticked off at the same time! I know some are unlikely but stranger things have happened and if you can dream it and want it hard enough, it can happen. So I will never give up.
Let me know in the comments whats on your bucket list and feel free to make me jealous if you've done one or more things on my list!
Till next time!